INTERPIPE STEEL produces high-quality round steel billets, complying with requirements of EN, ASTM, API, BS and other standards.
Continuously cast non-deformed billets out of the carbon and alloyed steel, melted at the electric arc steel-melting furnace.
Metal finishing is done at the ladle-furnace unit with argon blowing, steel deoxidation, vacuum-degassing, and, if required, includes treatment with powder-like reactants.
Billets are supplied at the non-deformed state.
Billets are supplied without the mechanical finishing of the surface (turning and peeling).
Subject the customer’s order, the mill supplies cut-to-length and multiple cut-to-length billets, as well as billets in mill’s lengths, within the following limits:
- diameters from 150 mm to 290 mm – from 6.0 m to 11.7 m inclusive;
- diameters from 385 mm to 470 mm – from 6.2 m to 9.85 m inclusive.
Continuously cast billets contain:
- oxygen no more than 20 ppm;
- nitrogen no more than 70 ppm;
- hidrogen no more than 2 ppm.