Professional development and support of employees
Interpipe and Danieli joint project for personnel developmentInterpipe Steel has developed a unique program of horizontal personnel development. In 2019 (before the start of the pandemic), plant employees participated in the launch of new metallurgical lines and production facilities around the world. The project partner was the Italian company Danieli, a world leader in the engineering and construction of metallurgical equipment.
More than 30 of the best employees of the plant of various professions (steelworkers, automated control system engineers, shift foremen, bucket operators, electricians, etc.) took part in the program. They have acted as experts at metallurgical plants in Croatia, Mexico, Turkey, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India and Kazakhstan.
For the selected groups, a preliminary training program was developed in the following areas:
- technical and spoken English;
- vocational training - if necessary, training for an additional profession;
- Occupational Health and Safety at Danieli facilities;
- culture, customs, traditions of the host country;
- studying the rules of conduct at the airport, abroad.
Going abroad, the employee received insurance at the expense of the company, overalls, mobile communications, full online support from the support group. Upon arrival, the employee was greeted by the host; also, on a business trip, each employee was provided with comfortable housing for the entire period of stay.
In 2020, the program was temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2021 it was restored.
Interpipe supports young families and purchases school backpacks for first-grade pupils of the Company's employees.
School backpacks for first grade pupils of the Company
- 530 children received backpacks, all necessary stationery and lunch boxes in 2020 and more than 500 in 2021.
- The promotion takes place annually.
Children's creativity competition
The company annually holds a children's creativity competition for employees' children.
- In 2021, more than 2,100 artworks were submitted for the competition; 1,789 children and grandchildren of employees took part in the event.
- Each participant of the competition received a gift for participation.
- 29 winners in various nominations became owners of modern gadgets.